Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review: JANE by April Lindner

(Click image to add to your to be read pile)
Title: JANE
Author: April Lindner
Genre: Retelling, Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Format: Paperback
 
 
Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, a world-famous rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance.

But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is soon tested by an agonizing secret from his past. Torn between her feelings for Nico and his fateful secret, Jane must decide: Does being true to herself mean giving up on true love?

An irresistible romance interwoven with a darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers.



Jane Eyre is my all time favorite. When I found out about all the retellings it had. I literally bought them all (I might have missed one). As a result of those purchases, this is the third retelling I've read in the last 3 months and it by far my favorite.

Jane Moore, the Jane Eyre of the story, is exactly how I pictured Jane to be like if she was in the modern times. Nico Rathburn, the Rochester, is no different. I absolutely loved how Lindner portrayed them and all the events in the book. It is not exactly the same as Jane Eyre. THANK GOODNESS. It's unique in it's own way.

April Lindner's writing style is so smooth and straight forward. The way she took Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre and modernized it is the best I've read so far. Jane Eyre was written to be heart-wrenching, JANE is almost as heart-wrenching and tear gushing. I can never get enough of Jane Eyre.

Overall, JANE by April Lindner is the best Jane Eyre Retelling so far. It was heart-wrenching, page-turning, and amazing! Thank you April for giving us Jane Eyre but in a different light.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm so glad you liked it! I've had it on my TBR list for a while and really really want to read it. Your review makes me want to get it right away now! Great review :)

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get to this one. I got it on my Kindle quite a while back (for either free, or really cheap) and I need to get to it. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.