Thursday, June 2, 2011

Review: Released by Megan S. Duncan

Title: Released (Agents of Evil #1)
Author: Megan S. Duncan
Started: 28/5/11
Finished: 2/6/11
Goodreads | Review List

Goodreads Synopsis: 

After a demon apocalypse kills their parents and everyone they know, 17-year old Abby Phillips, her brother, Carter, and friend, Max flee their home to travel through what has become the wastelands of America. When radio transmissions of a resistance offering shelter and safety cease, Abby is tempted to give up. Struggling to overcome life-threatening obstacles in their dangerous journey, Abby and her companions quickly discover there are much worse things lurking in the dark than they could have ever imagined. 

Review:

Damn. That was one hell of a book. I never thought I'd like post apocalyptic plots. I thought it would scare me too much to read or maybe it'd been to negative for me. Well, It didn't scare me much neither did it seem negative. I mean, its not their fault its the end of the world for them. Well, not exactly the end but still.

Anyways, I more than loved this book, it had a firm plot and an awesome heroine. Abby was strong and tough but still mushy on the inside. I had trouble getting my butt of the screen reading this (its in e-book format). And on top of that! It was exam week. But I nearly did not have enough will power to tear myself off the screen to stop reading it. It was unputdownable. I mean… FULL ON unputdownable. I liked it as much as I liked Vampire Academy. Yea, big wow there. :D Haha. But I did. The end was predictable but come on! This is a post apocalyptic book its hard to come up with stuff that would happen. And everything seems to always lead to one thing but I won't say what. You'll have to read it! NOW READ IT! Or fear the wrath of Naj. Haha. I kid. :D

Overall, Megan Duncan is an awesome AWESOME writer I can't wait till the paperback comes out. I want to BUY IT! and have a copy of it on my shelf. 5/5 stars! Woohoooo! 

I'd like to thank Megan so so so much for asking me to review your book! If you didn't I would have missed out BIG TIME! :D

Stalk the Author?
Twitter 
Blogger


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you :)
    You really got me curious :) The book looks amazing. And if you loved it, I will probably love it too :P
    Thanks for the awesome review :)

    Definitly put this book on my TBR list.
    (Would probably buy it to, but I promised my self not to buy any books before in October :O No clue how to manage that, but I will try my best :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my favorite fan! I love, love, love your review and am so appreciative for the time you took to read Released and write this review! I see that you want a paperback copy of Released. I would love to gift you a signed copy if you would like. :-) Just shoot me an email

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome !! If you enjoyed it as much as the Vampire Academy series, that's definitely a must read =) !
    I'm going to add this one to my wishlist ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.